Portage Lake Camps is a non-profit organization located one hour west of Bathurst, New Brunswick off of Route 180. It is open for business between May and October each year with 6 well-equipped cabins for rent. You need only bring your food, clothing, paper products, and personal items to enjoy the most relaxing, unplugged vacation you will ever have. For your convenience, our cabin rentals include fresh bed sheets and linens (towels, dish towels and cloths, face cloths etc.) dried in the country air on our clothes lines. We also supply enough blankets and pillows in each camp for 5 guests.
Only at our beautiful location can you:
- Enjoy a hot cup of coffee on your front porch as you look upon the still waters of Portage Lake and the beautifully coloured mountain in the background.
- Listen to the sound of the loon family that returns each spring as they teach their young-lings how to fly.
- Take a relaxing row boat for a paddle around the lake and fill your lungs with fresh clean air while watching for wildlife along the shore.
- Fish the many lakes, brooks and rivers within the area and then return to your cabin for a hot shower and a cold beverage.
- Cuddle up to your sweetheart or snuggle with your little ones as you sit and enjoy a warm, roaring fire each night. Don’t forget to bring the fixings to make your S’mores!
To enquire about booking a cabin or for answers to specific questions about what is available in each cabin please feel free to call our caretakers between 9:00 am – 9:00 pm from Monday to Saturday or from 10:00 am and 9:00 pm on Sunday.
We welcome you and your entire family to Portage Lake — even the 4 legged members. (See Pet Policy).